Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bullets

I have ambitions to do some lengthy writing about the time I've spent in Mammoth, but I haven't made the time lately. But, I really want to have a few things recorded here since I do treat it as a diary (of my running). So without further ado here are some bullets and pictures of things since I last wrote.

* The Chart House 5k and 10k took place two weeks ago today in Mammoth Lakes (follow the link for results). Its California's highest road race. Ashley won first overall in the women's 5k. I ran 36 minutes and change in the 10k (not great, but not too bad for 8,000 ft) and finished in 13th. Most of the runners who beat me run for Princeton University's XC team. I did manage to beat a few of them and enjoyed visiting with them during my cooldown. Here's a picture of us relaxing after the cooldown.



* Ashley came to visit and we house sat for a few friends of mine. We had a blast. Lots hikes and hanging out.

* This marked the end of my first week of my California International Marathon training phase. I hit 94 miles running mostly easy runs. Hoping to have my best training phase ever, we'll see.

No comments: