Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Electric Boogaloo Returns

MC200 '09 This Friday and Saturday

Its been a while since I've had time to write on here. A lot is going on, and I haven't felt as though I've had much related to running to write about. I'm busy focusing on short, fast speed workouts three times a week and putting in about 65 miles a week. I'll be returning to longer distances in a month or so.

However, I do have some excitement to write about. I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow for the MC200. I'll be running the 8th, 20th, and 32nd legs (total of just under 20 miles) of the 200 mile relay for defending champions, Electric Boogaloo. I'll be sure to write a full report and include a lot of photos when I get back. We're feeling confident that we'll be even faster than last year.

You can follow us with live reporting from our Twitter page. No need to be a twitter member, as I'm not, but you can still follow our progress. We will begin on Friday afternoon in Madison, WI and finish in Chicago on Saturday morning.


Electric Boogaloo Calendar available Now!

Its that time of year when everyone is sick of the calendar they got for the New Year. Don't fret, you can buy our team calendar for only $20 (free shipping) and it starts with the month of June. It features the team members posing in exotic locations all over the world. Let me know if you are interested, as quantities are limited. A portion of the proceeds are going to support Special Olympics.

I'm Mr. January and you can see a small version of my month in the picture taken at right during our publicity tour in New York City. Photo with Emily Sekine outside of Hotel Chelsea.

Running at 3am in Central Park

I had a special run the other morning. My title is a little misleading, as it was 3am Mammoth time, 6 local. I ran from my hotel down in Chelsea through Times Square and up and around Central Park with Andrew and Jon, a coach at Columbia. This isn't so special, but it really stood out as a strange run. I was operating on only a few hours of sleep, as Ashley and I had been had a wedding (Ashley and I pictured at wedding) the night before. Its strange to run with friends from home when both are so far away.

So, I have no great story about it, other than it was one of those odd runs that really added a lot of variety to my life. A sick part of me loves getting up super early for some punishment.

No comments: