Thursday, September 4, 2008

Park Forest Scenic 5

September started off with a bang as several of my teammates and I went to race in the Park Forest Scenic 5. The race had about 1,000 fewer people than last year as the switch from 10 miles to 5 made the long drive from Chicago less appealing.

I ran a 29:19 and finished 2nd in my age group. It wasn't a perfect race for me by any means, but it was nice to get the legs moving again in a race setting. The highlight was definitely the 5 lap swim we did after the race.

We also saw a very strange veteran's memorial that highlighted September 11th. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the stupidest thing man has ever decided to make.





1 comment:

Antoinette said...

That memorial does seem to be in pretty poor taste.

Congrats on your top 10 finish!